Friday, July 16, 2010

friday brain-dump

This week I have had a lot of jumbled thoughts, but nothing really post-worthy by itself.

  • Today is payday. I am still working at Pottery Barn, J.Crew and downtown at the PR agency, J.Simms. I have told myself that I was going to put my two-weeks notice in at J.Crew like eight times, but then they just keep scheduling me for four hours a week, which is worth keeping for the discount. I'll be shooting myself in the foot when next week's schedule comes out and I am working 60 hours again.
  • I finally replaced my Michael Kors watch that went missing at Christmas. Pretty sure it was lost somewhere in Reno. Since then I had gone back to Provo, and then moved out of my apartment and to San Diego. No sign. It took me a while but I was able to let go, and swallow the fact that I wasn't going to find it. I went in to the Michael Kors store this week, and the guy felt sorry for me after my story and gave me 15% off.

  • It has FINALLY started to warm up down here in San Diego. For the past two weeks it has been overcast and chilly, not really getting above 70. Mid-July, and it's finally HOT. Well, considering. High 70's today, and mid-70's the rest of the week. At least warm enough to go to the beach.
  • Cami is coming down here the end of July, I could not be more thrilled. I haven't seen that girl in way way too long. Considering we used to be pretty much inseparable and she probably still knows me better than anyone, that's not acceptable. Really wish Megan, Benita and Beth would get on that train.
  • Really wanting to plan a graduation trip either in December or next summer. I've never been anywhere, and think that'd be the perfect time to go. Any suggestions?
  • Fish tacos are just as good now as they were two months ago when I got here. They are never getting old.
  • I should be at Seven Peaks.
  • Went into Verizon to get a new phone, but instead the guy gave me a new battery for free. Problem temporarily solved, and for free. Committing to a new phone is so stressful, I can't do it. But I will probably go with the Droid.
  • After WEEKS of playing phone tag with Megan, I finally got a hold of her. Or her of me. Whichever. Immediately after talking to her, I felt better about things. She is seriously amazing. I hope all of you have a friend like her.
  • I am still on a Facebook fast. I decided that checking it at night, in the morning, at work and inbetween work was a little excessive. I deactivated for a week, and today marks the seventh day. But I just don't miss it that much. I will be back, I just don't know when. I think I am getting more sleep.
  • Stephen Jones is hilarious. Love him in BYU's rendition of the OldSpice commercial:

3 comments:

  1. A) Gorgeous watch.... I want one.
    B) Stop working so much!
    C) I am finally here! Let's go for fish tacos.
    D) Have I told you how much I LOVE your blog!
    E) We should also go for a run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Xan that commercial is hilarious! He does a really good job. And about that watch I really hope you didn't pay more than $200 because Nordstroms has them on sale for like $169 I think for their Anniversary sale! So check that out. I did think of you when I saw them in the magazine...I am really sorry it got STOLEN!! Miss you tons! Come back to Utah PLLLLLLLLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roxanne... you should take a trip to Europe, New Zealand or Australia... or both, or Asia after you graduate!!!!

    ReplyDelete