Wednesday, December 8, 2010

ode to finals


Twas the night before finals, and all through the college,
The students were praying for last minute knowledge.
Most were quite sleepy, but none touched their beds,
While visions of essays danc
ed in their heads.

In my own apartment, I had been pacing,
And dreaded exams I soon would be facing.
My roommate was speechless, her nose in her books,
And my comments to her drew unfriendly looks.
I drained all the diet coke
, the time I cared not,
and no longer caring that my nerves were all shot.


I stared at my notes, but my thoughts they were muddy,
My eyes went a blur, I just couldn't study.
"Some pizza might help," I said with a shiver,
But each place I called refused to deliver.
I'd nearly concluded that life was too cruel,
With futures depending on grades had in school.

When all of a sudden, our door opened wide,
And Patron Saint Put-It-Off ambled inside.
Her spirit was careless, her manner was mellow,
She wore a white toga, she started to bellow:
"What kind of student would make such a fuss,
To toss back at teachers what they tossed at us?"

"On Cliff Notes! On Crib Notes! On last year's exams!
On Wingit and Slingit, and last minute crams!"
Her message delivered, she vanished from sight,
But we heard her laughing outside in the night.
"Your teachers have pegged you, so just do your best.
Happy finals to all, and to all, a good test!"


So God rest ye merry gentlemen...after finals. Until then, I will be in the library until 2 a.m.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty cute roxy! Good luck and don't worry we will all be in Reno in one week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tru dat! xanny! i miss you so much... you are so creative and beautiful, and woderful, and and and mom says "i don't think she made that up, i think she copied it from something" but i TOTALLY diagree... and like jackie said, we will all be together by the end of this week! <3

    ReplyDelete